Windsor Park Neighborhood Plan Contact Team Meeting
Open to All Windsor Park Neighbors and the Public
Windsor Park Public Library,
February 13, 2017, 6:30-8:00 PM
- Call meeting to order;
Approval of January meeting minutes (6:30)
Discussion with representative from Accessible Housing Austin regarding development at 1920 Gaston Place. (6:35)
- Discussion with Rex Zgarba on group homes in Windsor Park (7:00)
Discussion and potential action on ongoing bylaws revisions (7:20)
- CodeNEXT preview (7:50)
- Possible election of new members (7:55)
Discussion and announcements (7:58)
Adjourn by 8PM
(Times are approximate and are to guide discussion only.)
Background on items from the Chair:
2. Here are the DRAFT January minutes
from Secretary Ahart. Members, please bring any suggested edits to the meeting.
3. We will have Accessible Housing Austin Executive Director Isabelle Headrick and others to talk about their project at Briarcliff and Wheless. I have talked with Ms. Headrick a few times and she is very interested in getting feedback on their design with the goal of making the project an asset to the neighborhood, so bring your ideas ready.
4. WP Neighbor Rex Zgarba, who is an attorney, is going to discuss with us some research he has done on the group homes in the neighborhood and whether they are operating businesses on residentially zoned properties in violation of city code.
6. CodeNEXT is coming. I don’t want to get into a substantive discussion at this meeting because while some of the zoning categories have been released, the maps have not, so we don’t know what actual changes may be coming to any given property. I do want to briefly walk through the process of the city’s adoption over the next year+. This is going to be one of our main areas of discussion in 2017.
7. New members are always welcome! Anyone who is attending their third meeting in the last five months is eligible to put their name in for election.
Chair, Windsor Park Neighborhood Plan Contact Team